There are so many ways to cook sausage; Grilled, Boiled, Broiled, Pan Fry, Pan Steamed and Baked to name a few.
Having tried all of these techniques I can say that baking sausage (homemade or store bought), is the simplest, easiest, least mess and for me the most confident way to know that they have been completely cooked.
When cooking sausage there is a double concern. The first concern is that all ground meat should be cooked to 160 degrees and the second issue is that pork in the United States can harbor the parasite Tricinosis.
Baking sausage is simple.
- Remove the sausage from the refrigerator 10 – 15 minutes before cooking to remove the chill from the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius)
- Layer the baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Place the sausages evenly on the cooking sheet
- Place the baking pan in the oven on the middle rack
- Baked for (40 to 60 minutes if the sausages are especially large / thick, turning them once)
- Remove from oven and enjoy
It is that simple and does not require you to continually turn the sausages as they cook in a frying pan or on the grill. The only downside to baking sausage is that you will not have the characteristic grill marks that are created when pan frying or grilling. Personally, I am willing to forgo the grill marks when the alternative is simpler, easier and not as messy.
Aluminum Baker's Half Sheet
Ultra Fast Digital Food Thermometer
Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat 2pk
Premium Silicone Kitchen Tongs
You may also like
Crock Pot Mash Potatoes, Reducing the Stress of the Holiday Meal
Does Size Matter….Garlic Cloves
Giblets and Everything but the Kitchen Sink Gravy
My best pizza dough recipe
The Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries Experiment
Nothing Better Than a Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Homemade Sausage Recipes
What is chorizo? And what can you do with it?