I admit my passion for Reuben Sandwiches borders on an obsession, but the combination of rye bread, corned beef, thousand island dressing and swiss cheese on the surface is a contradiction of textures and flavors that when combined creates an experience that is has few equals in the world of sandwiches.
Despite there only being four ingredients to this sandwich, it never ceases to amaze me how varied the final delivery of the sandwich can be based upon which restaurant it has been ordered. This post is intended to be an ongoing review of the Reubens I have eaten both locally in Houston, TX and across the U.S.A. In short, I judge all diners, delis, sandwich shops and restaurants on their ability to deliver a memorable Reuben.
I admit I have an Obsession for Reubens.
Reuben Sandwich Rankings
- Classic Representations / I think there are other items on the menu?
- Bill & Ruth’s – Tulsa, OK
- Sam’s Deli Diner – Katy, TX
- The Green’s On Boulder – Tulsa, OK
- Molly Maguires – Lansdale, PA
- Brownie’s Diner – Brawley, CA
- Baker Street Pub & Grill – Katy, TX
- In A Pinch
- Baxter’s – Tulsa, OK
- Blue Hereford Restaurant – Ford, KS
- Fountain of Youth Resort – Niland, CA
- Smokehouse Family Restaurant – Perryton, TX
- Arby’s Restaurant – Nationwide
- Courtyard Deli – Tulsa, OK
- Philly Diner – Essington, PA
- Spencer Browne’s Coffee House – Liberal, KS