Every now and then there is a meal that you discover or create that becomes a standing fixture in your “toolbox” of go to meals that you not only enjoy preparing, but enter the pantheon of personal comfort foods. My rendition of green chile stew using Cookwell & Company Green Chile Stew is one of those go to meals that is not only easy to prepare but is consistently good.
As with most prepared ingredients that are part of a larger dish, the company providing the ingredient is smart enough to provide some suggestions and recipes on how to use their product.
It did not take that much time to define the final list of ingredients that are added to the base stew to doctor the dish to a flavor profile that I enjoy. As with any meal, there are some ingredients that are personal decisions and can be removed or added to create your version of this meal.
- 1 33 Oz. Jar of Cookwell & Company Green Chile Stew
- 1 1/2 Lbs of Ground Turkey
- 3 Poblanos seeded and diced (nominal seeding, not removing the ribbing / placenta increases the kick factor)
- 3 Jalapenos seeded and diced (nominal seeding, not removing the ribbing / placenta increases the kick factor)
- 1 Yellow / While Onion diced
- 1 Can of Corn (drained)
- 1 Can of Northern White Beans (drained) – any white bean would be fine
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or a Mexican Queso) – optional
- Saltine Crackers – optional
- In a large pot on Medium add Olive Oil.
- Once hot, add the Onions, Poblanos and Jalapenos, Salt (optional) saute until tender.
- Add the Ground Turkey, breaking up the loaf and thoroughly mixing all of the ingredients together. Completely cook the meat. This should take a few minutes.
- Pour in the jar of Green Chili Stew.
- Thoroughly mix all of the ingredients, allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, adding in the corn and beans. Gently mix all of the ingredients together.
- Allow the ingredients to simmer for at least 20 minutes, longer is better for combining all of the flavor. In the end, the most important thing is serving the dish at your preferred consistency.
- Add cheese to top and serve.
Total Preparation & Cook Time: About 45 Minutes
Serves: 4 Large Bowls
You may also like
Roq-n-roll-a-mole – Another contender for the best guacamole
A buttery delight – Homemade Rowies
Take-out at Home – Mongolian Beef
Classic Ciabatta Bread Recipe – Not as classic as you may think
Crockery Gourmet Chicken
Easy, Quick and Simple Linguine with Red Clam Sauce
Mac ‘n cheese is not a chemistry experiment.
Lebanese Bemyeh Stew