I love one dish cooking. I don’t mind messing up prep dishes but cleaning them: Ick. One of the most rustically delicious, one-dish meals I make is Sausage with Potatoes. It’s so seriously easy & has a great combination of flavor that is perfect for a busy night. I often mix it up in the morning & set the oven to turn on by itself.
One-Dish Sausage & Potatoes
1 pound of Sweet Sausage (or get crazy & go spicy!)
1 pound of small red potatoes
1 large onion, sliced.
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
5 cloves of garlic, whole
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
Collection of your favorite herbs. I use a tablespoon each of: rosemary, thyme, parsley.
- Lightly grease baking dish with olive oil. Place the sausage in the baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix the potatoes, all chopped ingredients and herbs with a enough olive oil to coat all of it.
- Dump the mixture over the sausage & spread around the pan making as flat a layer as possible.
- Add chicken stock & wine.
- Cover with foil & bake 30 minutes @ 350.
- Uncover, stir & bake uncovered another 30 minutes or until potatoes are browned & sausage is fully cooked.
You may also like
What is a Haggis? with a haggis recipe or two
Chicken Parmesan using Baked Chicken Cutlets
Sole Veronique to lift your sole
Easy Homemade Peach Sorbet…All Year Round (With Only a Food Processor)
MacGyver’s Fat Separator, Simple Way to Make Homemade Gravy
My best pizza dough recipe
All American Homemade Breakfast Sausage Recipe
Pumpkin Soft Pretzels