To make Homemade Peach Ice Cream, fresh handpicked peaches are not absolute requirement. Yes, the peaches used in this ice cream recipe were handpicked but because so many peaches had been picked, the peaches used for this batch of homemade ice cream been frozen whole and peeled and stoned at a later date.
One of the great things about making homemade ice cream using the Kitchen Aid Ice Cream attachment is that once you are comfortable with the basic Vanilla recipe, the possibilities are endless as to the flavors that can be added. In short, to make Homemade Peach Ice Cream only requires two additional steps; prepare the peaches and add the peaches.
Ingredients for Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- 3 Cups of Half-And-Half
- 2 Cups of Whipping Cream
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt (basically a pinch of Salt)
- 2 Cups of Chilled Peaches (Diced, Mashed, it is your personal preference)
Basic Steps to make Peach Ice Cream
- In a medium size sauce pan, heat the three cups of Half-And-Half stirring occasionally until it is scalding hot, but do not boil. Remove sauce pan from the burner.
- Separate the eight Egg Yolks and add them to the mixing bowl with one cup of Sugar and bring together with the wire whisk attachment for two minutes on speed setting two.
- Add the heated Half-And-Half to the blend of Egg yolks and Sugar and mix for two minute on speed setting two.
- Pour the contents of the mixture into the sauce pan and heat until small bubbles form on the edges of the sauce pan, stirring occasionally, but do not bring to a boil.
- Pour the contents of the sauce pan into a large bowl and add the two cups of Whipping Cream, 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract and the pinch of Salt, thoroughly mixing all of the ingredients together.
- Cover the bowl and store in the refrigerator for at least eight hours (overnight is recommended).
- Once the ice cream mixture has been thoroughly chilled, attached the frozen ice cream bowl and churning attachment to the Kitchen Aid machine and set the speed setting to one.
- Begin adding the ice cream mixture to the bowl and churn for about 13 – 18 minutes allowing the frozen ice cream bowl and churning attachment to transform the mixture to soft ice cream.
- Two minutes before the process is complete add the two cups of prepared Peaches to the bowl allowing the churning attachment to blend the fruit into the ice cream.
- When finished, quickly scoop the ice cream into air tight containers and store in the back of the freezer for at least eight hours before serving.
When I took my first taste of the Handpicked Homemade Peach Ice Cream I knew that it was everything that I imagined the taste and texture would be for homemade peach ice cream. The ice cream was smooth with a hint of peach flavor and the chunks of frozen peaches reminding me of that first handpicked peach that I ate this summer. I know why making homemade peach ice cream is such a popular dessert to make with peaches.
What is great about homemade peach ice cream is that as long as you have peaches (fresh or frozen), you can make this ice cream at home any time of the year.
You may also like
Winning Barbecued Pork Ribs – Low and slow
A refined ploughman’s lunch – fit for a queen
Onion Marmalade, Long Live Britain!
Lamb Kofta Kebabs with Tzatziki
Chicken Salad with Mango, Mint and Cilantro Dressing
Caramel Croissant Bread and Butter Pudding
Rhubarb Rhubarb – Homemade Rhubarb Liqueur
Cooking Challenge 1 – Grilling & Barbecue Ideas