This recipe is easy to make, minimal effort required and easy top clean up after the meal.
- 4 – 5 Frozen Fish Filets (your personal choice of the fish)
- 1 – 1 1/2 Cups of Italian Style Bread Crumbs (Difficult to determine since I just sprinkle the bread crumbs until I believe that the fish filets have been properly coated)
- 3 – 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 – 3 Pinches of Salt (optional)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 9 inch x 12 inch Pyrex Casserole Dish
- Start with oven preheated 450 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle half of the Olive Oil into the Pyrex Casserole Dish.
- Place the Frozen Fish Filets in the Pyrex Casserole Dish. The size of the Filets will determine if you are able to place 4 – 5 filets. You can always use a second oven shallow casserole dish
- Drizzle the remaining Olive Oil over the Filets.
- Sprinkle the Salt over the Fish Filets (optional).
- Season fish filets with Black Pepper. I use fresh coarse cracked pepper (4 – 5 cranks of the pepper mill per filet).
- Coat the fish filets with the Italian Style Bread Crumbs until you have evenly covered the tops of the filets. I typically sift / sprinkle the bread crumbs directly from the container onto the fish..
- Place the uncovered Pyrex Casserole Dish on the middle rack in the oven and baked for 25 minutes.
- When 25 minutes have passed, remove the Pyrex Casserole Dish from the oven and serve.
The fish is exceptionally light and so flavorful with the Italian Style Bread Crumbs, Salt and Black Pepper providing a complimentary savory element to the sweetness of the fish. I always serve the this fish with steamed vegetables (Broccoli or Broccolini) and a side of creamy Risotto or Parmesan Grits.
There are many meals that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, but many require constant attention for that period of time and leave you exhausted before even sitting down to eat. This is not one of those meals. Enjoy.
You may also like
Tapas, Antipasto & Mezze – Mediterranean Inspired Cuisine at Home
The best mojito, a ‘dirty one’
Roasting Vegetables, Common Sense is the Key to Perfection
A taste of the Raj – Kedgeree for breakfast
Mister Stock: The Unsung Hero of Cooking
Steamed Salmon with salad and avocado dressing
Simple Grilled Squid
Decadent Duet: Portabella Mushroom & Broiled Blue Cheese