This weekend, starting 2nd June 2012, marks the celebration of Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee, and also her official birthday on June 4th. Garden and street parties will be held in the UK, the Commonwealth and by British ex-pats throughout the world this weekend to celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s 60 years on the throne, the only British monarch other than Queen Victoria to achieve such a feat.
- Union Flag Cake or cupcakes
- Mini Fish n Chips in newspaper cones
- Minted Cucumber Sandwiches
- Egg sandwiches
- Smoked salmon on buttered brown bread
- Mini Toad in the Hole
- Mini pork pies
- Mini ploughman’s tart-lets
- Mini Scotch eggs
- Sausage rolls
- Marmite & Cheddar cheese mini tarts
- Coronation chicken Vol-au-vents
- Pimms and lemonade
- British beer and cider
- English Sparkling wine
- Dubonnet and Gin (The Queen’s favourite tipple)
- Homemade lemonade
- Eton mess
- Strawberries and cream
- And last but not least, lashings of tea and scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam.
You may also like
We have been chosen as Foodista’s Food Blog of the Day
Eating her curds and whey – What is Whey?
Roasting a Whole Chicken is Easy
Mac ‘n cheese is not a chemistry experiment.
Grilling Season is here
Corned Beef, Far More Then The Atlantic Ocean Separates The Difference
Weird French Delicacy – Ortolan Bunting
Bachelor food week – Pizza and beer